Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Librarians do it better!

Okay, catching title.  I am a Librarian.  Today I helped with the reading program at the library; I love the little kids.  They are always so good for me and I know they love me back.  The Head Librarian runs the show; I just keep them in line.  All preschoolers and all just as cute as a button.

 Michael Moore said something about Librarians being a bunch of subversive plotters, sitting there at their desk and smiling with a knowing smile.  I don't like Michael Moore, but yeah, Librarians are a subversive bunch and I am one of them.  Just a bit conservative, but subversive non-the-less!

"I really didn't realize the librarians were, you know, such a dangerous group. ... You think they're just sitting at the desk, all quiet and everything. They're like plotting the revolution, man. I wouldn't mess with them. You know, they've had their budgets cut. They're paid nothing. Books are falling apart. The libraries are just like the ass end of everything, right?"

Michael Moore
(BuzzFlash interview, 13 March 2002)


Regardless, in the afternoon I disposed of some really, really nasty books that were either withdrawn, unread, unloved, ratty, and smelled like last years socks.  I did my part for the ecology - I recycle books too, so they can be made into other books.  I moved at least 800 pounds of dirty, dusty, nasty tomes twice -- once into the book van and again at the recycling center.

No comments: